2825 Niagara Falls Blvd. Suite 130
Amherst, NY 14228
Established in 2000, our Amherst office is the Fichte Endl & Elmer Eyecare laser center. We not only see a wide range of patients for general eye care and glasses, but we also do all of our refractive surgery procedures here at this location.
Hours of operation are:
Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 9:15 AM – 5:30 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
NOTE: The hours of operation posted here for the office and Optical Boutique may change slightly from time to time. If you are making a special trip in to pick up glasses, contacts, or have a frame adjusted, you may want to call to be sure the Optical Boutique is open 1-800-309-2020.
Amherst Optical Boutique
Monday: 9:00AM – 6:00PM
Tuesday: 9:00AM – 6:00PM
Wednesday: 9:00AM – 6:00PM
Thursday: 9:00AM – 6:00PM
Friday: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Eye Doctors Amherst
Being the leaders of eye care in the west New York areas since 1980, our team of eye doctors at our Amherst location offers you a wide range of professional eye care services. We have the experience and technology so you receive state-of-the-art treatment for every visit. Our Amherst eye doctors offer the Amherst and surrounding areas eye care services that include:
- LASIK Eye Surgery – LASIK (Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis) eye surgery is a refractive procedure that corrects vision problems like nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism by reshaping the cornea using a laser. It’s a quick outpatient procedure with minimal discomfort and downtime, offering many patients improved vision without the need for glasses or contact lenses.
- Cataract Surgery – Cataract surgery is a common procedure used to treat cataracts, which are clouding of the eye’s natural lens that can cause vision impairment. During the surgery, the cloudy lens is removed and replaced with an artificial intraocular lens, restoring clarity of vision for the patient. It’s typically a quick outpatient procedure with minimal discomfort and a high success rate in improving vision.
- Corneal Surgeries – Corneal surgeries encompass various procedures aimed at treating conditions affecting the cornea, such as corneal dystrophies, infections, or injuries. Some of our corneal surgeries include corneal transplants, minimally invasive treatment for keratoconus, and more.
- Cosmetic Eye Procedures – Cosmetic procedures encompass a variety of surgical and non-surgical treatments aimed at enhancing physical appearance. Our cosmetic treatments include blepharoplasty, Botox, trauma and reconstructive surgery, and more.
- Glaucoma Treatment – Managing glaucoma involves strategies to regulate intraocular pressure and safeguard the optic nerve from damage, mitigating the risk of vision impairment. Treatments span from prescription eye drops and laser therapy to surgical procedures like trabeculectomy or minimally invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS), all with the shared objective of preserving vision and impeding disease advancement.
- Dry Eye – Dry eye treatment focuses on relieving symptoms and improving tear production and quality to enhance eye comfort and health. Options include artificial tears, prescription medications, lifestyle adjustments, such as using humidifiers or blinking exercises, and in severe cases, procedures like punctal plugs or intense pulsed light therapy may be recommended.
- General Eye Exams – Eye exams are comprehensive assessments performed by optometrists or ophthalmologists to evaluate vision, screen for eye diseases, and assess overall eye health. These exams typically involve tests for visual acuity, intraocular pressure, peripheral vision, and examination of the retina and optic nerve, allowing for early detection and management of any eye conditions.
Schedule an appointment with our team of eye doctors today!