COVID-19 Protocols – Information for our patients
We want you to know that your health and well-being is our top concern. We are focused on you. In following recommendations provided by the CDC, we have implemented new protocols at each of our locations in order to protect the health of our patients and our team. Please know that we will continue to take all necessary measures to ensure that you are in a safe and healthy environment at both Fichte, Endl & Elmer Eyecare locations as well as the Ambulatory Surgery Center of Niagara.
We are available by phone 1-800-309-2020
- Medication Refills- Call us for your eye drop or medication refills, questions, or anything else you may need.
- Scheduling appointments– At this time we are happy to reschedule your missed appointment, schedule routine exams, evaluations etc.
- Online appointments – At this time we have disabled our online appointment making function. If you need to make an appointment please call the office.
We are available in the office on a limited basis for emergencies
- Eye emergencies– please call 1-800-309-2020 and one of our call center staff members will be able to assist you. If it is after hours our answering service will take your call and get in touch with one of our “on-call doctors”.
For emergency appointments, the following protocols are in effect:
- Should you have a temperature, have any upper respiratory issues such as cough or shortness of breath, do not come into our office.
- Every person who visits Fichte, Endl & Elmer Eyecare will be pre-screened before seeing the provider. This applies to all patients, visitors, and staff.
- We are limiting guests in our facilities and practicing social distancing. Unless absolutely necessary, we will ask that your guests wait in the car.
We can help with glasses & contacts.
- Glasses & contact lens emergencies – As usual, we are committed to our patients and available to them. If you should have an emergency with your glasses or contact lenses during the COVID-19 pandemic or need to re-order contact lenses we can help. This will be by appointment only with a special protocol in place.
- For people who have existing glasses orders– If you ordered glasses from us and they are waiting to be picked up, you may do so by appointment only. Call the office to arrange a pickup or a FedEx delivery to your home.
For local updates and information on how you can protect yourself, please visit the New York State Department of Health’s web page dedicated to the Coronavirus here: https://coronavirus.health.ny.
Thank you for your cooperation and support during this time, we can all get through this by working together. Stay safe & healthy WNY!