Experience new vision. Replace your eyes' existing lenses!
If you are over 40 and want to be rid of reading glasses or bifocals, a procedure called a refractive lens exchange (RLE) may be right for you! This procedure involves the replacement of your eye’s natural lens with an artificial lens that corrects nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism and/or presbyopia.
RLE surgery may be right for you if you experience:
- Difficulty reading without reading glasses or bifocals
- Difficulty seeing near objects
- Difficulty seeing to drive, especially at night
- Changing glasses prescriptions
- Have been diagnosed with early cataract formation
- High degree of farsightedness (hyperopia)
With the advancement in technology and the safety of the procedures, patients are choosing to have their natural lenses replaced at an earlier age, avoiding the progressive decline in vision – and the need for glasses or bifocals – that often comes with getting older. Plus, since the natural lens has been replaced and the new artificial lens does not “age,” cataract surgery will never be needed!